The RepRap Arduino-compatible MEGA Pololu Shield, or RAMPS for short. It is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino-compatible Mega with the powerful Arduino-compatible MEGA platform and has plenty room for expansion. The modular design includes plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino-compatible MEGA shield for easy service, part replacement, upgrade-ability and expansion. Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack.
Version 1.4 uses surface mount capacitors and resistors to further cover edge issue cases.
(1) It has provisions for the cartesian robot and extruder.
(2) Expandable to control other accessories.
(3) 3 mosfets for heater / fan outputs and 3 thermistor circuits.
(4) Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection.
(5) Heated bed control with additional 11A fuse.
(6) Fits 5 Pololu stepper driver board.
(7) Pololu boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
(8) I2C and SPI pins left available for future expansion.
(9) All the Mosfets are hooked into PWM pins for versatility.
(10) Servo style connectors are used to connect to the endstops, motors, and leds. These connectors are gold plated, rated for 3A, very compact, and globally available.
(11) USB type B receptacle.
(12) SD Card add on available.
(13) LEDs indicate when heater outputs on.
(14) Option to connect 2 motors to Z for Prusa Mendel.